Monday 8 July 2019

And a Happy Fourth Finale

And huzzah again!  We have the other of the short videos from yesterday's rehearsal of the Grant Park Orchestra for their free concert today.  I'll have the post the other, wonderful but much longer video from the rehearsal when I return from Chicago, because the Internet connection is unfortunately much too slow to get it to upload properly.

The orchestra is largely made up of members of the Lyric Opera of Chicago orchestra, and the baritone is John Orduña, who (among his other credentials) has sung with the Lyric Opera, performing a very nice rendition of Irving Berlin's "God Bless America."  The conductor is Christopher Bell.  Keep in mind that this is a rehearsal, so I think they stop a few times, but I've used the Pause button well-enough I think so that it should flow pretty well.



from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8321060 https://ift.tt/2YF7Br3

No comments:

Post a Comment